Payment Protection Plan
UPDATED PAYMENT PROTECTION LEVELS AS OF 1ST JANUARY, 2021
- Green / Green Star Member: Up to 5,000 USD annual coverage
- Gold Member: Up to 10,000 USD annual coverage
- Platinum Member: Up to 15,000 USD annual coverage
- Black Excellence Member: Up to 20,000 USD annual coverage
PLEASE NOTE, Payment Protection is included in the complete WLA MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE.
In case of non-payment by another member, the procedure is as follows to reach the best collection scenario:
You also have to blacklist and start proceedings with FDRS.
If you do have active payment protection, as a bonus, WLA will cover the initial fees of USD 125 for the collection service of Euler and Hermes. This is a special offer to all of our members with Payment Protection as a way of helping out and showing our appreciation.
If you want to have a higher level of DIAMOND Payment Protection you can have the 50.000 U$ annual cover for an additional annual fee of 750 U$ (this applies only when you have the basic Payment protection already, being a paid WLA member of 1600 U$ annual fee.)
There are no additional fees beyond the annual membership fee of 1600 U$ .
Payment Protection has become an industry standard and a network not offering financial protection is not a serious network. We are confident in our members and their financial stability and good character.
WLA Payment Protection is a tailor-made insurance cover in case of insolvency or bankruptcy of one of its members from US$ 10.000 up to a maximum of US$ 20.000 per year. This can be over several cases and/or with/to several members.
A simple payment dispute or lack of response is here not covered, but WLA Admin will always assist and mediate in these cases and we have managed to solve all cases in our many years of existence.
(In some cases, WLA Payment Protection decides to compensate for non-payment cases which are not part of insolvency or bankruptcy of one of its members . )
Credit insurance is another way of covering issues with your customers with the biggest turnover. This insurance also covers cases of non-payment without liquidation or bankruptcy. It covers simple issues of non-payment (we are currently working on a few credit insurance offers to bring to the network)
- Credit terms must be discussed prior to the commencement of the business
- WLA standard credit policy is to offer 30 days settlement from the date of bill.
- Mutually sign an agreement prior to the business is your choice but advisable .
- As per the Payment Protection program, the recommend credit limit is USD 5,000- 10,000. Anything beyond that should be part of your credit/payment history with a particular agent/member.
- WLA Admin will assist and mediate all members during any payment pending cases. This is only for companies participating in the payment protection program.
- The Payment Protection program only applies for Gold ,Platinum and Black excellence WLA members .Green and Green Star members are not covered by the Payment Protection program .
- (This means that if there is a payment issue with a Green or Green Star member the Payment Protection program will not pay.
- A Green or Green Star member can take the payment protection and will be covered for all payment issue cases with Gold , Platinum and Black excellence members .)
- WLA Admin will circulate an ALERT message to the group – if any particular company has violated the payment procedures or received multiple & frequent complaint by fellow members against a company.
- Membership will not be renewed if continuous complaints are received regarding terms of payment or service against a particular company.
- Members cannot hold the payment during the damage or delay of a shipment. This can be handled by your third party insurance company.
- WLA Admin recommends to always check the directory in the website to know the authenticity of the membership validity and their level in the WLA Payment Rating System.
- Claims less then 500 U$ will not be processed.
By implementing the above system in your business, we hope to create better business networking within the group.
The WLA Network does not accept any claim from the members who do not hold the Payment Protection program. All members must report WLA Admin if there is any unreasonable delay of payment by the fellow-partner in the group.
WLA Compensation Procedure
The following documents are required to prepare the compensation.
- Unpaid Invoice related to freight forwarding, project handling or transportation.
- The cost of the transportation from A-Z.
- Copy of 3 reminders should be intimated in reasonable interval.
- Creditors must report the default within 60 days from the date of Invoice.
- The creditors need to have the tax registered address and director details of the company indeed without this details there are no collection proceeded possible.
Each case will be evaluated by the administrator. Upon approval WLA Admin office will appoint collection agents. Each case will be evaluated by the administrator. Upon approval WLA Admin office will appoint Euler and Hermes.
Before offering or accepting business, we request checking the WLA Network directory and confirm if the member holds a valid membership in the group.
Members will not be entertained for doing business or making a claim for the Payment Protection program to any non-members even after the notification of any suspended / terminated member of the group is announced. We request the members to carefully read each announcement/circulation message from WLA Admin and forward the same to your respective departments in your office. Please note that the latest updated members’ directory is sent in the 1st week of every month, you may check it to ensure you are dealing with a current member. Payment protection will only be valid with current members of WLA who are valid at the time of the shipment in question.
The WLA payment protection compensation covers only the cost incurred of the shipments in question to be compensated for.
Your Payment Protection or WLA membership needs to be at the time of the claim 100 % intact / in order and paid.